Sunday, May 27, 2007

Improving Academic Performance

Such an interesting topic!!! It makes me think about my self in present and in the past, especially the period at the beginning of the high school. In general I am an organized person, who plan things and scheduled. However, I also had a period where I was more a procrastinated person.
When I was young (high school period), I thought that because I'm paying all my attention during the class time and I have a good memory, I do not have to study very hard. I was wrong, because sometimes my results could be much better if I was studying more. Anyway, I have changed; this was only a short period. I use to make a plan while I am studying, and I prefer to do it by small section. I never memorize things, only if it is really necessary. My strategy is to understand what I am talking about. Sleeping is also a very important element for me while I am studying. If I am too tired, I can't concentrate and it is a waste of time too tries to push my limits. In general I prefer a quite place for studying, library if possible than home. At home, I am more likely to be disturbed and interrupt my period of studying. Everything around me need to be in order and well organized. My sister’s strategy is completely different. She prefers to study on her bed with many books around in a very big mess. I never could understand her method, but it seems that it works very well for her. Both of us recite while we are studying, in that way we can understand ourselves and notice the errors. Attending class I think is very important. I prefer to do it, in that way I can visualize and understand better, even sometimes the professor is hard to understand. There are always questions asked by yourself or other people that may help you clarifying the misunderstandings.
This article is very useful, but also it depends on the person, we are not the same and do not have the same capacity to assimilate information. However, one thing is sure, even if you are very smart do not wait until the last minute, you never know what can happen and you do not have time to prepare the exam. A Romanian proverb says: "Don't let for tomorrow what you can do today!!!"

3 comments:

mistone said...

I can see that you are a very well organized person! Your method can be a good model for me. I hope I could be half as organized as you are.

alice said...

I know that you're a well organized person. It's interesting to hear you say things happened at your school time. It's good to be well organized so that it will be easier to follow the steps and do the things efficiently.

cathy said...

In my mind,you are a good organized person, and also I remember you told me that you sleep very early. You go to class everyday...... All of those good study habits lead you study very well ,am i right?

Skyscrapers

The term "skyscraper" was used in 1880; after the first tall buildings were build in the United States. But the history of tall buildings dates back hundreds of years in the Middle Ages were engineers have engaged in a battle for the sky.

Before there were towers made of heavy stone. Towers had thick walls and the rooms were dark and overcrowded. Windows weren’t very common, it could disadvantage the structure.

With the discovery of the steel begin the new era of modern skyscrapers. The Home Insurance Building in Chicago was the first tall building to be made on a steel skeleton of vertical columns and horizontal beams.

New structural designs made skyscrapers even lighter and stronger. As skyscrapers get taller and taller, engineers were faced with a new problem: the wind. Today's tallest skyscrapers, which are almost 1,500 feet tall, must be 50 times stronger against wind than the typical 200-foot buildings of the 1940s.

New structural designs made skyscrapers even lighter and stronger. As skyscrapers get taller and taller, engineers were faced with a new problem: the wind. Today's tallest skyscrapers, which are almost 1,500 feet tall, must be 50 times stronger against wind than the typical 200-foot buildings of the 1940s.

Skyscrapers represent the big issue for the population explosion in our days. In my opinion skyscrapers is a good think because it permits to locate a big number of people in one place into the profit of green spaces that can be saved.